Water scarcity. A global crisis. 4.3 billion people suffer from moderate to severe water scarcity for at least one month of the year.
- Sources dry out in many regions
- The water source is often contaminated, so that water is no longer drinkable
- 5 billion people suffer from water scarcity for at least one month a year
- Less than 3% of the world's water is fresh
- North Africa, the Middle East, India, Mexico, large parts of South America and many islands face the biggest water challenges
- As the world population continues to grow, millions more suffer from water